According to the Collision Clock in the 2015 Washington State Annual Collision Summary:

  • There is a auto crash every 4.5 minutes.
  • A person died in a crash every 16 hours.
  • A person was injured in a crash every 11 minutes.
  • A motorcyclist was in a crash every 4 hours.
  • A pedestrian or bicyclist was involved in a crash every 2 1/2 hours.
  • A pedestrian or bicyclist was killed in a crash every 4 days.
  • A speeding driver was involved in a crash every 27 minutes.
  • A person was killed by an impaired driver every 1 ½ days.

What Causes Automobile Accidents?

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration issued a report to Congress in 2008 concluding there are six main causes of automobile crashes. The first is the rolling right turn on a red light, where a driver is concerned about traffic coming from the left and may not see a pedestrian or bicyclist to his right as he is turning. Falling asleep at the wheel is another cause of automobile accidents.  Another common cause is loss of control after aggressive maneuvering, taking a corner too fast, or not slowing for water on the road. Automobile crashes can also result from not being able to see approaching automobiles or hazards because of other automobiles or driving too fast. Rear-end collisions result from a driver following too close or inattention.

Issues Involved in Automobile Accidents

These cases all involve a number of different issues, including determining who is at fault, repairing or replacing your automobile, obtaining and paying for medical care for your injuries, and dealing with insurance companies.

Types of Compensation That May Be Available

If you are injured in a car, motorcycle or pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to compensation including the cost of medical care, treatment and services, lost wages, and pain and suffering, disability, loss of enjoyment of life, and inconvenience resulting from your injuries.

Free Consultation

Fortunately, most people do not have experience in handling a claim arising out of a automobile crash. Our personal injury lawyers have extensive experience with these claims and are available for a free consultation to discuss your case.

Attorney Fee and Costs of Claim

If you do decide to retain Baumgartner, Nelson & Wagner, PLLC to represent you in your personal injury claim arising out of a car, truck, motorcycle, or pedestrian accident, our fee will be contingent on the success of the claim. We will not charge you a fee unless you make a financial recovery. While you are ultimately responsible for claim and litigation expenses, we typically advance such litigation expenses while the case is pending, so that they are also paid out of your recovery at the conclusion of the case.

Our personal injury attorneys and staff have extensive experience handling claims arising out of car, truck, motorcycle, and pedestrian accidents. Please contact us at (360) 694-4344 for a free consultation.